State Government delivers AU$19m for industry
Friday 17 Jun 2022The Malinauskas Labor Government will invest AU$19 million to help grow and develop the state’s forest and timber industries, one of the most significant contributors to the economy in the south-east.
As part of the State Government’s investment of more than AU$130 million in the Limestone Coast, sustainable forest industry initiatives will maximise the state’s capacity to produce vital fibre for Australian construction and manufacturing and support South Australian jobs.
- AU$15 million for a new Centre for Excellence to secure a long-term Forestry Research and Development capability at Mount Gambier – funded over 10 years
- Supporting and expanding the role of the Forest Industries Advisory Council (FIAC-SA) as an ongoing platform for government and industry to work together
- AU$2 million over three years to develop a Forest Products Domestic Manufacturing and Infrastructure Masterplan, including a focus on future skills needs
- AU$2 million to replace fire towers with new technologies to provide landscape level fire detection, while ensuring existing towers are serviceable during the transition
- Development of the Trees on Farms initiative to quantify and promote the environmental and economic benefits of on-farm plantations
- Investigating the feasibility of incentives to ensure that arrangements favour local processors who may be locked out of contracts with the larger forest growers
Copyright 2004-2022 © Innovatek Ltd. All rights reserved.