Low carbon construction forum
Friday 20 Aug 2021
The Forum will shine a spotlight on the benefits and opportunities provided by low carbon construction, including the latest developments in cross laminated timber (CLT) and why we are encouraging adoption of low carbon construction and wood first policies.
Date: Thursday, 2 September 2021
Location: Te Whare Nui o Tuteata, Scion, Rotorua
9.30am Arrival tea and coffee
10.00am Mihi and Introductions
Topics & Speakers:
- What is low carbon construction? Scion
- Where the industry is at? Linda Lodetti , Registered/Chartered QS
- Te Ao Māori View - TBC
- Signals from Central Government - Katie Symons, MBIE
- Red Stag Overview - Warren Trethewey, Red Stag
- The Bay of Plenty Opportunity - Andrew Wilson, Rotorua Economic Development
- 11.45am questions, discussions, close of formalities, followed by a light lunch
To register your attendance click here.
Background: Building industry emissions need to be halved in the next 10 years if New Zealand is to achieve its 2050 carbon target. Transitioning to Low Carbon Construction will be a critical factor in achieving this outcome, helping reduce the 20% carbon emissions currently sent into the atmosphere from the existing building and construction sector.
Copyright 2004-2021 © Innovatek Ltd. All rights reserved.