ForestTECH 2021 programme now out
Friday 9 Jul 2021
It’s independent. It’s run by this region’s leading forestry technology events company, the Forest Industry Engineering Association (FIEA). Amidst the uncertainty of events in the COVID-19 environment, we’re delighted to announce that like the 2020 event, ForestTECH 2021 in November is ON.
The format for the annual technology series that’s been run in both countries since 2007 has though this year been slightly modified. The format again will enable planning with some degree of certainty for ForestTECH 2021 delegates, presenters and exhibitors.
So, what’s the format?
1. One location. Like 2020, the physical event (on-site presentations, exhibitions and workshops) will again be run in just one location this year, Rotorua, New Zealand.
2. Live links from the New Zealand event will be set up for those unable to travel into Rotorua. With the uncertainty still surrounding international travel and whether borders will be open, the live virtual linkage will ensure international delegates can still actively be involved this year. Last year, a record number of international delegates from over 20 countries were able to pick up this option. On-line questions from virtual conference delegates will be able to be made to all presenters - live.
3. Two distinct themes. This was trialled last year for the first time. Overwhelmingly the written feedback told us to keep with this same split in focus for 2021. In addition to the usual technology updates on remote sensing, new data collection technologies and forest inventory management, a second day will be focus on mechanised planting and automated silviculture. European technologies are already well advanced and are being trialled and used commercially on flatter terrain by larger forestry companies in both New Zealand and Australia.
4. Increased international involvement. In addition to New Zealand presenters, key technology presenters and forest companies from Canada, Finland, Germany, South Africa, Chile and Australia will all be presenting this year.
5. Additional half-day workshops. Three additional half-day pre-conference workshops for those delegates attending Rotorua have been set up for delegates. Details on each are contained on the website.
Note: Programme details and further information can now be found on the event website.
Copyright 2004-2023 © Innovatek Ltd. All rights reserved.