NZIF Foundation 2021 Awards & Scholarships open
Friday 16 Apr 2021Applications are invited for the awards and scholarships offered by the NZIF Foundation for 2021. The total value of awards offered is NZ$34,700.
The awards open for application are:
• Two Future Forest Scholarship for post graduate research each of up to NZ$10,000
• The New Zealand Redwood Company Scholarship of NZ$5,000 for an undergraduate scholarship at the University of Canterbury School Forestry
• One or more Otago Southland Awards up to a combined total of NZ$5,200 to assist a project or projects of relevance to forestry in the Otago/Southland region
• Mary Sutherland Scholarship of NZ$1,000 for a polytechnic student • University Undergraduate Scholarship of NZ$1,000
• Frank Hutchinson Postgraduate scholarship of NZ$1,000
• Student poster prizes at NZIF Conference (1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes of NZ$800, NZ$500 and NZ$200)
Applications are now open. Further details and an application form are available on the Foundation web page.
Applications must be received by the Foundation administrator ( firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 5pm on Monday 31st May 2021. The awards will be announced at the Awards Dinner of the joint conference of the NZ Institute of Forestry being held in Masterton from 27th to 29th June 2021.
Enquires to the Foundation ( email@example.com) or phone +64 274 733 262.
About the NZIF Foundation
The NZIF Foundation was established in 2011 by the NZ Institute of Forestry to advance education in relation to forestry.
This includes encouraging and supporting forestry related research, education and training through the provision of grants, scholarships and prizes; promoting the acquisition, development and dissemination of forestry related knowledge and information and other activities that do not conflict with the charitable purpose.
For the purposes of these awards, forestry is broadly defined to include all those activities involved in the management and use of forests and their products, the objects of which are the production of wood or other forest benefits and the maintenance of the environment in its most beneficial form. All forests in New Zealand, whatever their purpose, are encompassed in the definition.
Copyright 2004-2021 © Innovatek Ltd. All rights reserved.