Timber Trends: 7 To Watch for 2020
Friday 14 Feb 2020
Below, 7 trends are reviewed that suggest this progress is only set to continue this year, increasing both the capabilities and height of timber buildings in the years to come.
1. New Tools: Streamlining the Design and Construction Processes
2. Cutting-edge Technology: Millimeter Manufacturing, Modular Systems, and New Materials
3. New Business Models: Integrating the Project Life Cycle in a Single Process
4. Changes in Building Codes: Breaking Myths and Expanding Possibilities
5. Climate Action Policies: Governments Boost the Use of Timber
6. Biophilic Design: Reconnecting Humans with the Natural
7. Ongoing Research on Timber's Performance is Expanding its Possibilities
All the signs seem to indicate that in 2020 and beyond, wood will take a leading role in the development of the cities that we will inhabit in the future. Timber has a potentially important role to play in helping architects, developers and urbanists address one of the greatest challenges of the next decade: the need to respond to the inevitable densification of our cities and deliver habitable spaces of high environmental quality without losing the inherent connection between humans and nature.
To read more about these trends and download a summary report visit Thinkwood.com
Copyright 2004-2020 © Innovatek Ltd. All rights reserved.