NZIF awards and scholarships open
Friday 31 May 2019Applications are invited for the awards and scholarships offered by the NZIF Foundation for 2019. The total value of awards offered is NZ$39,500.
The awards open for application are:
- Two Future Forest Scholarships for post graduate research of up to NZ$10,000 each
- The New Zealand Redwood Company Scholarship of NZ$5,000 for an undergraduate scholarship at the University of Canterbury School Forestry
- Chavasse Travel Award of up to NZ$3,500 to assist a mid-career person to travel overseas or to bring an overseas person to NZ
- Jon Dey memorial award of up to NZ$3,500 to assist research projects in the areas of work study or new technology aimed at improving forest engineering and harvest productivity
- Otago Southland Award of up to NZ$3,000 to assist a project of relevance to forestry in the Otago/Southland region
- Mary Sutherland Scholarship of NZ$1,000 for a polytechnic student
- University Undergraduate Scholarship of NZ$1,000
- Frank Hutchinson Postgraduate scholarship of NZ$1,000
- Student poster prizes at NZIF Conference (1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes of NZ$800, NZ$500 and NZ$200)
Applications are now open. Further details on the Foundation web page available through www.nzif.org.nz, (link on lower right hand side of page).
Applications must be received by the Foundation administrator ( firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 5pm on Tuesday 17th July 2019. The awards will be announced at the Awards Dinner of the joint conference of the NZ Institute of Forestry and Institute of Foresters of Australia being held in Christchurch from 25th to 28th August 2019.
Enquires to the Foundation chair email@example.com or phone +64 274 733 262
Note: Membership of NZIF is not a requirement for application.
Copyright 2004-2019 © Innovatek Ltd. All rights reserved.