Meetings to discuss changes to NZ’s ETSA series of stakeholder meetings are being held to discuss the changes proposed to the New Zealand Emissions Trading Scheme (NZ ETS) as outlined in last week’s issue of Offcuts. The meetings will focus on the proposals outlined in the two consultation documents;
Improvements to the New Zealand Emissions Trading Scheme, and
A better Emissions Trading Scheme for Forestry.
The purpose of the meeting is to provide information on the proposals and to allow time for questions.
Each meeting will consist of a short welcome and then the day will be split into two sessions. The morning session on NZ ETS framework improvements will be led by the Ministry for the Environment and the afternoon session on NZ ETS forestry improvements will be led by Te Uru Rakau (Forestry New Zealand).
Please note that these meetings will only cover the proposals set out in the consultation documents. They will not discuss the potential for the agricultural sector to be covered by the NZ ETS as this is currently under consideration by the Interim Climate Change Committee. These meetings will also not be covering the issues raised as part of the Zero Carbon Bill.
- Wellington, Friday 31st August
- Auckland, Monday 3rd September
- Rotorua, Tuesday 4th September
- Christchurch, Thursday 6th September
- Dunedin, Friday 7th September
- Whangarei, Monday 10th September
- Gisborne, Tuesday 11th September
- Napier, Wednesday 12th September
- New Plymouth, Thursday 13th September
- Nelson, Friday 14th September
If you wish to attend, please register for the meetings here.
Copyright 2004-2018 © Innovatek Ltd. All rights reserved.