Tasmanian timber industry excellence celebrated
Friday 22 Sep 2023The biennial Tasmanian Timber Awards celebrated excellence in Tasmania’s world-class forestry sector at a gala dinner in Launceston last weekend.
Minister for Resources, Felix Ellis, said that the many finalists across the 12 award categories were a demonstration of the commitment, talent and innovative approach of those in our forest and forest products industry.
“Tasmania’s forestry sector is world class, supplying around AU$1.2 billion annually to the State’s economy, while providing 5700 direct and indirect jobs, many of these in regional communities,” Minister Ellis said.
“The 2023 Tasmanian Timber Awards gala dinner was hosted by the Tasmanian Forest and Forest Products Network, which continues to bring the industry together with a bright vision for the future.
2023 Tasmanian Timber Award winners:
• Outstanding Contribution to the Tasmanian Timber Industry – Bryan Hayes
• Excellence in Distribution and Logistics – Orana Enterprises
• Emerging Leader in the Tasmanian Timber Industry – Dr Nathan Kotlarewski (UTAS)
• Excellence in Design and/or use of Tasmanian Timber – Benjamin P Nitschke Architect
• Excellence in Environmental Management Practices – Dr Amy Koch (Forest Practices Authority)
• Forest Growing and Management Excellence – Hills Transplant Nursery
• Harvesting Excellence – MechLog – ‘Forestry with Care’
• Innovation Award – Indicium Dynamics
Source: Felix Ellis, Minister for Resources
Copyright 2004-2023 © Innovatek Ltd. All rights reserved.